Farm Adventure Tour activities & Meals include ( 4-5 hrs duration)
$125 Adults | $85 Child (3-14yrs)
Tour Activities start: Monday 3pm, Friday 3pm & Saturday 9am & 3pm
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the tour activities
Let’s find out more on the fun activities you can do with your family and friends on Boshack Outback:
- Damper, Jam & Cream: This is an authentic Australian morning or afternoon tea, Experience damper scones – damper being our very own Aussie bush bread which you can try with our preserves.
- Lunch: Cold Meats & Salad Bar or Dinner. (Check menu closer to your visit)
- Trailer Ride: This is one of our visitors’ favourite parts. Hop aboard the “Boshack Express”, our scenic mode of transport on the farm that puts along at a slow pace to allow plenty of time to take in great view of the magnificent scenery of the countryside and breathe in the fresh country air as you enjoy our famous trailer ride across the spacious farm.
- Boomerang Throwing: Before the white settlers came here, the Aborigines used to hunt for their food using boomerangs. Try your hand at throwing a our special safe boomerangs – it is absolutely fun!
- Water Divining: Used for many years, water divining is an ancient art of discovering underground water streams known as ‘aquifers’. Try your hand at this ancient art to see if you have a natural gift in water divining.
- Free Range horse feed: Our free range horses live in the fields and enjoy their special treat of being hand fed by our visitors.
- Aboriginal Dreamtime: Boshack Outback farmstay in Perth WA – this is where the mind, soul and body become one and all of a sudden we start to realize how simple things are very easy to live with. Take a rest in the tranquil paperbark forest and breathe in the clean fresh air as you listen to the stories of the Aboriginal people and early pioneers. You will get to try a witchetty grub.
- Lifestyle and Culture of our Forefathers: Listen to a talk on how our ancestors lived and experienced life in the outback. Then learn how to eat the local delicacies of the witchetty grub and listen to how they survived in the harsh bush environment of that era.
- Marron Netting (seasonal): The bush freshwater crayfish was an alternative to the meat diet in the bush. This crayfish is very similar to the ordinary crayfish that is caught in the sea. Touch & feel this amazing crayfish in season only. Experience Yabbi fishing by pulling the nets.
- Net Fishing: The early settlers had to catch their own food as they did not have local shops to go to for food. Collect a net and recycled container and try your hand at catching a small fish. Please let the fish go afterwards as we really care for the creatures in our environment.
- Sustainable Environment and Living: Boshack Outback Farmstay is solar powered and has its own fresh drinking water. We strive to preserve this environment for future generations to come. All water passes through an ultra violet ray to kill bacteria the slight taste is the minerals in the spring water.
- Lakeside Relaxation(Self Guided): Boshack Lakeside is a unique oasis in the outback. Listen to the songs of the birds, the soft rippling waters of the Lake, feel the gentle cool breeze caress your cheeks as you unwind and relax peacefully in this majestic environment Outback Australia.
- Bushwalk: Experience wildflowers (in season) and wildlife: During the bushwalk, your guide will show you kangaroo trails from our wild resident kangaroos that come out to feed at dusk and dawn. See the many seasonal species of colourful, beautiful native wildflowers as you walk through some of the most pristine and virgin bushlands in the area.
- Canoe on Lake Serene (Self Guided): Pick your canoe and set off onto our Lake Serene to enjoy the peace and quiet. Look into the crystal clear waters to see if you can find any fish! Don’t forget to look at the skies as you might be able to catch various species of 52 in total of native birds roaming the area. Browse the land around you to see if you can spot the wildlife hiding in the bushes or even our long neck turtles scavenging for food in the lake.
- Campfire and Stargazing (Self Guided): Stargazing: Located in the Earth’s southern hemisphere, Western Australia is identified as the region that shows the best views of the Milky Way Galaxy in the world – from the Jewel Box cluster of stars to the Southern Cross. Relax at Boshack Outback, view the beautiful moonlit silhouette across the lake as you gaze up at the galaxy of stars adorning the beautiful night skies. The famed Southern Cross, Milky Way and even a satellite or two can be recognised as you relax and experience the true essence and soul of the great Australian outback. (Full Day Tour starting at 3pm or overnight stay only and the occasional 9 a.m tour start as per itinerary.)
- Pioneer Living – Paperbark forest walk: Enjoy a spectacular walk through the 50 meter eerie paperbark forest inhaling such clean and fresh air, a truly magical walk that one can experience. Experience how pioneers used to live in this bushland. Whilst viewing the paperbark tree trunks, you may also see beautiful butterflies. Visit one of the historic original settler’s water holes which provided the freshest of water.
- Historic well: Nestled amongst the dense eerie paperbark trees is the amazing stone-lined well, built and used by Bishop Salvado as he journeyed to and from New Norcia over 100 years ago.
- Pioneer heritage: Indigenous Australians, also known as the aboriginal people, are the original inhabitants of Australia. Let us take you back in time and reveal the ways of our early settlers who developed the bush and farms and literally lived off the land. The aboriginals had a special affinity with the Australia bush and their knowledge was passed to each new generation.
- Australian Wildlife: Enjoy the view of Birds, Reptiles, Marron, fish & local farm animals. Embark on an Outback Adventure Perth farm tour at Boshack. Feed our farm animals, net fish our marrons, enjoy the birdlife & possibly see our long neck turtles.
- Outdoor Adventure Education: Learn of our local Australian culture, to understand what it is like to live on a farm. The Australian Outback fauna and flora is something a little different as you enjoy the scenery at Boshack.
Boshack Outback - Perth Farmstay
Amazing true Australian outback experience. I've been here twice-first time was at the bed and breakfast farmstay, second time was at the outback farmstay. Will recommend to everyone. I have been to a few different places. I would rate Boshack Outback as one of the best farmstays in Perth.
It was raining cats and dogs so we did not have the chance to explore the place or star gaze at night but we all love it. Sleeping with natural sound of raindrops hitting the tent was therapeutic. A very lovely place to recuperate. Planning to visit again.
Great food and a wonderful experience. I spent a night here not long ago and it was a relaxing experience. I like it, next time I will definitely stay there again. If you looking Eco-friendly farmstay near Perth, then I highly recommend Boshack Outback..
Boshack Outback Farmstay in Perth is very peaceful place. Absolutely no noise from the city. My husband and I found the nights to be very pleasant. If you are looking for an escape from the city, this is it. The room is very comfortable. I highly recommend staying there.
© Copyright Boshack.com. All Rights Reserved