Learn about cheap, simple, practical ways to improve the future for your children.
On November 26, as part of the Active 10 conference, Nature Play WA will be running a special morning seminar for parents on nature play. This will run from 9am to 12.30pm. Cost is $25 inclusive of GST.
This seminar will feature two of the key organisers of the US nature play movement who will talk about how you and your family can get involved in the movement.
Other highlights will be:
- ABC Gardening Australia’s celebrity gardener Josh Byrne on setting up a vegetable garden with your kids.
- Playgroup WA (one of the founding partners of Nature Play WA) will talk about great outdoor activities for children aged 0–5 years.
The session will include:
- Theory behind nature play – why it is important for children
- How to be a nature play ambassador
- Make your own home vegetable garden with your kids
- How to make your own family nature play blog
- How to create a family nature club
- Fun ideas for kids’ activities outdoors – especially with a group of playgroup-age kids
About the speakers:
- Josh Byrne: An environmental scientist with a passion for sustainable gardening and a presenter on the ABC’s Gardening Australia television program.
- Tracy Buchholz (Playgroup WA): Will provide parents with activity ideas they can use to explore nature with young children aged 0-5 years.
- Martin LeBlanc: Founding board member and Vice President of the Children and Nature Network, Martin is responsible for building youth leadership within the No Child Left Inside movement.
- Brother Yusuf: A concerned youth professional and board member of the Children and Nature Networkwho is using the power of nature to transform urban youth.
For more details, please visit the Nature Play event website.